This year your garbage tax included two bonus bulk garbage pickups during the week of June 1st and October 4th. During those weeks ONLY, you are allowed to place up to 10 items outside of your tote for pickup. Bulk waste and white goods will be collected separately (in a separate truck) from your household waste and recycling. Bulk pickup occurs on your service day or the day following your service day.
Guidelines to follow:
- Carpeting must be rolled in lengths of 4 feet or less, taped securely, and no wider than 18 inches.
- Large items must be of size that can easily be handled by two employees.
- Additional acceptable items include small furniture, bedding and mattresses (any size), hot water tanks, and large appliances.
- Any item, such as a weed trimmer or small lawnmower, with an engine requiring oil and gas must have those liquids removed prior to collection.
- Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners must have refrigerant (freon) removed by a certified technician and the unit stickered as ‘Freon removed” with the doors removed from refrigerators and freezers.