COVID – 19 Update
Town of Eden will be declaring a State of Emergency effective at 3:00pm on March 15, 2020 in direct response to the public health crisis caused by the Coronavirus (COVID – 19). Erie County and the State of New York have also declared emergencies. This allows access to resources and funding to help preserve the public safety. The following is a list of important information:
- As ordered by the State of New York, restaurants and bars need to reduce their capacity by 50%
- Eden’s Senior Transportation has been suspended until further notice. All residents who are scheduled to receive a ride will be notified
- Eden Court is cancelled for Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- The Eden Library remains open, however groups and meetings at the library have been cancelled
- There will be a message from the Eden School District Superintendent coming out tonight with more information on school closures
We ask that all residents begin social distancing as recommended by the CDC. If you are experiencing any symptoms, we ask that you call your primary care doctor. Below is a link to the Erie County COVID – 19 website that contains important information, www2.erie.gov/health/coronavirus.
While we urge residents to take this pandemic seriously, we ask that you not panic. Please be assured that we are working hard to ensure your health and safety and that we will continue to update you as information is available. As always, if you need assistance or have questions, please call the Supervisor’s office at 716-992-3408 during our regular business hours.